Saturday, April 9, 2011

Introduction to travel technology

Travel & tourism have considerably changed in the last 50 years. The industry has been exposed to many forces of change, one of them being Information or Communication Technology (or ICT). This has particularly affected the areas of automation and networking of distribution channels. 


"Travel technology" is the term used to describe the applications of ICT in travel, tourism and hospitality.
I'm very fond of travel. Besides traveling in many parts of the world for leisure, I worked overseas for a major oil & gas company and had lived in several continents. Since I began my travels, I've seen things changed in the industry, I used different means for organizing my trips and saw innovations to facilitate travelers' lives.


My objective for this blog is to discuss the impacts of technology on the modern traveler and give my perspective on the implications.

No comments:

Post a Comment